"Imagine If": A Poem My Daughter Wrote

For the discussion of spirituality -- from LDS and non-LDS sources
DancingCarrot

Re: "Imagine If": A Poem My Daughter Wrote

Post by DancingCarrot »

A friend posted this on Facebook today and I really enjoy it. I've been trying to get into the practice of mindfulness, and I think both Old-Timer's daughter's poem and this comic strip fit beautifully. What if we let go of our need for control? What would happen if we really were that flexible?

http://kiriakakis.net/comics/mused/a-day-at-the-park
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. -Dumbledore

Roll away your stone, I'll roll away mine. Together we can see what we will find. -Mumford & Sons
richalger

Post by richalger »

What a great poem and cartoon. I had to make note of it so I could find it again.

http://richalger.blogspot.com/2015/03/i ... d-map.html
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Some of the recent posts from new participants reminded me of this post.

I hope the poem helps someone new in some way.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
marty

Post by marty »

Really great! I love it
dtrom34

Post by dtrom34 »

I read this poem yesterday morning. I had been feeling anxious about teaching gospel doctrine, and the poem gave me a very calming feeling. I even talked about the poem a little during my lesson (I hope that's ok) after I asked a question that no one had an answer to. Thanks for bumping this!
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Some of the discussions recently reminded me again of this post, so I thought I should bump it up one more time.

I hope it helps some of the newer participants who haven't seen it already.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

The mention in another thread about the journey being the whole point reminded me again of the poem at the beginning of this thread. Anyone who hasn't read it previously might benefit from reading into now.

Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

I like to bump up this thread from six years ago occasionally when we have a bunch of new participants.

The last stanza of the poem, especially, is profound for new participants.

Only Love

Post by Only Love »

This is profound! Thank you for sharing!
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Thank you, Only Love.

She never expected me to post it, and I update her occasionally. She always is blown away that so many people have read it.