Does historicity matter?

Public forum to discuss questions about Mormon history and doctrine.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Does historicity matter?

Post by Curt Sunshine » 10 Nov 2014, 16:38

Some of you have talked to me about my relationship to the PROHETS and APOSTLES – like I’m obligated to believe every word they say.

Nobody here has said that to you or anyone else. You are misreading what people are saying.

[Admin Note]: You also continue to project your own views on everyone else and, apparently, are completely unable to value other people's views and experiences. Our primary mission is to help people stay LDS, but there are times when we support fully people who choose to leave - for more reasons than I want to try to articulate here. You are working in direct opposition to our mission at this point, so the admins will talk about what to do privately. As an admin, I am requesting you stop commenting on this thread, at least.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 10 Nov 2014, 21:45

Thanks, Ray. I actually came here to say that I was going to stop commenting on this thread because I feel as though it has degraded to the point where certain individuals are only being obstinate - disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. I think that is what is meant by "stirring the pot" and I will not be a part of that any longer. I do not feel that this thread is now the respectful, civil, thoughtful discussion that I have become accustomed to in our community. This is, of course, my opinion and you can take it or leave it. In the end I have expressed my views on the subject and don't have any more to add anyway.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 10 Nov 2014, 23:24

Yeah, I will lock it for now as we discuss the next step.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken