Priesthood Advancement

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
AmyJ

Re: Priesthood Advancement

Post by AmyJ »

I'm also glad that the experiences were meaningful and relationship-building for your family.

This has been something that you have been attentive to for a very long time - I rejoice that it is paying off for you:)
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Thanks for the update, Roy.

I am happy for all involved.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning »

I think this was good strategy. It's much better to have them come to you and ask you to do it, either by implication or overtly, and then just do it. No muss, no fuss, no opening up the discussion for a "no" or "time to motivate Roy" moment.

Suprised the Bishop verified that you would sit in on your daughter's interview. What if your daughter had said "no", she didn't want you there, then what? Awkward position for the bishop, and you.

Nonetheless, glad you have the ordination on the books.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

"The wise man has the power" -- adapted from What A Fool Believes -- The Doobie Brothers