Dealing with Guilt

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
PazamaManX

Re: Dealing with Guilt

Post by PazamaManX »

Minyan Man wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 09:07 You can tell so much from looking another person in the eyes when you talk to them. I wish it were possible to do that when you
took the sacrament. There has to be so much you could learn by just looking into the eyes of the Savior.
That is such a wonderful thought. Thank you for sharing it.
"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness, even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man »

I wonder sometimes, why some of us feel guilt & others don't seem to have a problem with the things they've done?
Take for example: Bernie Madoff or Ted Bundy. Maybe come times it's due to the number of times they do the offense &
other times it's due to the rewards received.

It would be interesting to take a psychology class on the topic of guilt.
SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning »

Minyan Man wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:14 I wonder sometimes, why some of us feel guilt & others don't seem to have a problem with the things they've done?
Take for example: Bernie Madoff or Ted Bundy. Maybe come times it's due to the number of times they do the offense &
other times it's due to the rewards received.

It would be interesting to take a psychology class on the topic of guilt.
I think it has its roots in empathy. If you can't feel what the other person is likely feeling, there is no real trigger for guilt. Lack of empathy and therefore remorse seems to be a common thread in the psychological analysis of narcissists and psychopaths.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

"The wise man has the power" -- adapted from What A Fool Believes -- The Doobie Brothers