A Unique Shout Out to Elder Stevenson

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Old-Timer
Site Admin

A Unique Shout Out to Elder Stevenson

Post by Old-Timer »

I have to admit that I was a little worried as Elder Stevenson's talk progressed that he was going to get into specifics with which I would disagree. It also was a bit difficult to listen to a talk that leaned toward a traditional, black-and-white explanation of a spiritual war with the forces of evil, simply because I am not geared toward that approach.

However, I have to give him credit for something that is important to me:

He didn't get specific. He stuck to teaching principles and letting listeners interpret those principles on their own. In the end, there was nothing directly objectionable to me in his talk, since he stuck to principles and avoided specifics.

I appreciated that.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken