Another one??

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
JohnLocke

Another one??

Post by JohnLocke » 16 Jan 2014, 09:20

DarkJedi

Re: Another one??

Post by DarkJedi » 16 Jan 2014, 09:36

I've only heard about it in another thread on the forums. I didn't know they usually made a news item of this sort of thing - maybe it's part of the church's new openness.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

JohnLocke

Post by JohnLocke » 16 Jan 2014, 09:40

I think it's cool that the church is open to different depictions of this story. My dream is that one day every country or culture could make their own temple video, with actors of their own nationalities. This would go a long way in helping us interpret Adam & Eve as a more universal archetypal journey rather than literal history. I would love to see a black Adam!

Daeruin

Another one??

Post by Daeruin » 16 Jan 2014, 09:59

Description of link please. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Not all those who wander are lost" —Tolkien

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 16 Jan 2014, 10:43

It's an announcement of the new temple video that came out days ago.
Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always.
— Hippocrates

LDSThomas

Post by LDSThomas » 16 Jan 2014, 10:49

Here's some info I posted this week about the new, new movie (and the old ones) --

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5033&start=10#p68914

LDSThomas

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 16 Jan 2014, 11:13

I would love to see a black Adam!

John, one of the most powerful experiences of my life was in Atlanta, when the Lord reached through the veil, and the hand was black. It's hard to explain how awesome that is to see for the first time. It's unexplainable. It has to be experienced to understand.

I wish every white member of the Church could have that experience. It is something that ought to be seen, since the endowment is all symbolic, anyway.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

On Own Now

Post by On Own Now » 16 Jan 2014, 11:26

There was another tidbit in the announcement that I found interesting...

The smaller temples (columbus, spokane, bismark, etc) will use film strip versions of the film... BEEP... Tom Trails will play Adam... BEEP...Lilly will play Eve... BEEP...
- - -
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” ― Carl Jung
- - -
"Let us therefore no longer pass judgment on one another, but resolve instead never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of another." ― Romans 14:13
- - -

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 16 Jan 2014, 11:29

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that, we really need to use icons or something to show when we are joking, especially for people who read but never comment. I can just see someone reading that last comment and believing it, especially someone who takes everything literally and has little or no sense of humor.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

baldzach

Post by baldzach » 16 Jan 2014, 11:32

Ray Degraw wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that, we really need to use icons or something to show when we are joking, especially for people who read but never comment. I can just see someone reading that last comment and believing it, especially someone who takes everything literally and has little or no sense of humor.
Another forum I frequent has a "sarcasm font" Anything on that font typed in red italics is clearly identified as sarcasm.

But that's probably not a good idea. I don't think we should try it. 8-)