CES Devotional

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
JohnLocke

CES Devotional

Post by JohnLocke » 12 Jan 2014, 19:00

Did anyone just watch the Tad Callister talk? I felt like I was watching the anti-Uchtdorf. I have kind of a pit in my stomach right now.

DarkJedi

Re: CES Devotional

Post by DarkJedi » 12 Jan 2014, 19:24

I actually saw who was speaking on the BYUTV schedule and purposely didn't watch. I usually do watch them.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: CES Devotional

Post by Curt Sunshine » 12 Jan 2014, 19:37

I never watch the CES devotionals. They run the gamut of excellent to really bad, so they are too much of a crap shoot for me to spend my time on them.

It's a really good coping mechanism: Identify a forum and/or speakers who just don't do it for you. Don't watch them. Simple. :thumbup:
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken