Likely Reduced Time Here Moving Forward

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
cwald

Post by cwald » 03 Jan 2014, 20:40

I don't believe it.

Ahha...always the sceptic....you gotta love that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

church0333

Re: Likely Reduced Time Here Moving Forward

Post by church0333 » 05 Jan 2014, 06:42

Ray, I have been thinking about this the last few days. First, thank you for all the time you have put in and for your thoughtful comments. I also want to wish you great luck in the job search and the possible move. Those thinks are not easy at any time in ones life. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and will miss hearing from you on an above adverage amount. You along with many others here have touch my life in a very valuable way. I can imagine the stress that this has put on you and I am happy that it might be reduced some and the change in serving a different group of people will hopefully meet you desire to continue to make a difference. All that I can ask is that you don't forget about us. I am sure that you won't. I don't like it much when people stop posting but I am beginning to understand that it does take something out of a person after a while, even though I believe that it also give much too.

Dax

Post by Dax » 05 Jan 2014, 09:18

Thank you Ray for time and efforts moderating. If I had not found this sight and the idea of a middle way of sorts, I would have left the church. Good luck with your future endeavors.

ilovecoldplay

Post by ilovecoldplay » 05 Jan 2014, 21:24

Thanks for all your posts. I have been lurking or reading posts here for a long time and it has helped me immensely. I even have a notebook full of ideas and thoughts to help me make church work for me and how to handle things and I bring it to church and read it sometimes in church. ( I hope that's ok ) I just can't remember everything so I have a few things written down. I just hope that you don't take the Staylds website down because I think it could help me more in the future and can help others.

Daeruin

Post by Daeruin » 05 Jan 2014, 22:33

ilovecoldplay wrote:I even have a notebook full of ideas and thoughts to help me make church work for me and how to handle things and I bring it to church and read it sometimes in church. ( I hope that's ok ) I just can't remember everything so I have a few things written down.
I totally have a notebook full of stuff from this forum, too!
"Not all those who wander are lost" —Tolkien

mackay11

Post by mackay11 » 06 Jan 2014, 00:02

Daeruin wrote:
ilovecoldplay wrote:I even have a notebook full of ideas and thoughts to help me make church work for me and how to handle things and I bring it to church and read it sometimes in church. ( I hope that's ok ) I just can't remember everything so I have a few things written down.
I totally have a notebook full of stuff from this forum, too!
You two should create a thread of your highlights. I'd love to read that.

startpoor

Post by startpoor » 06 Jan 2014, 09:59

Ray, thanks for your support and thoughts in the short time I've been a member here. Good luck with your New Year's resolutions :smile:
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.

GodisLove

Post by GodisLove » 06 Jan 2014, 14:21

Sincere thanks to you Ray. Besides your own life you have allowed us to enter your thoughts and insight. Thank you for your support! Hope good things are heading your way.
Not one Sparrow is forgotten
E'en the raven God will feed
And the lily of the valley
From His bounty hath its need

Then shall I not trust Thee, Father
In Thy mercy have a share?
And through faith and prayer, my Mother
Merit Thy protecting care?
Shaker Hymnal 1908

QuestionAbound

Post by QuestionAbound » 08 Jan 2014, 04:04

You'll still check in on us, right? :)

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 08 Jan 2014, 10:56

Thank you, everyone. It means a lot to me.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken