New Temple Movie?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
roobytoos

New Temple Movie?

Post by roobytoos » 31 Jul 2013, 17:15

Has anyone else heard that there is a new movie in the Temple? The Facebook group Overheard @ the Pulpit posted it earlier today. They are encouraging everyone to go to the Temple to see it. If it's true, I might go just for curiosity sake. My TR doesn't expire for 6 more months...

mackay11

New Temple Movie?

Post by mackay11 » 31 Jul 2013, 18:34

Apparently the acting and CGI is much better. I've also seen several different people say it's 12 minutes longer. This has been done for translation purposes. Some things take longer to say in other languages so they've slowed it down a little.

There's apparently no change to the 'script.'

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: New Temple Movie?

Post by Curt Sunshine » 31 Jul 2013, 18:39

I will report on what I think when I go.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

mackay11

New Temple Movie?

Post by mackay11 » 31 Jul 2013, 18:45

I think making it more realistic is a step backwards. When you read Nibley it's very clear that throughout history the temple drama is a symbolic play, not a documentary. I only fully appreciated this when I went through a live session. Making it more realistic detracts from this.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 31 Jul 2013, 18:50

I have heard it is more LOTRish, in the area of music and sweeping shots. Other than that the verbage is the same. Nothing deleated, nothing added.

We await your overview Ray.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 31 Jul 2013, 18:53

I don't mind "realism" - if that means better acting and better cinematography. I'm all for that, since those who see it literally are going to see it literally even if it is done in obviously over-dramatic ways - although I would like Lucifer to have a curly villain mustache. That would be cool.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

mackay11

New Temple Movie?

Post by mackay11 » 31 Jul 2013, 19:06

mom3 wrote:I have heard it is more LOTRish, in the area of music and sweeping shots. Other than that the verbage is the same. Nothing deleated, nothing added.

We await your overview Ray.
If they make Satan more like Gollum and God like Gandalf (the white of course) I'll be TBM again.

cwald

Post by cwald » 31 Jul 2013, 20:35

mackay11 wrote:
If they make Satan more like Gollum and....

You mean like something you might see on a certain someones avatar pic? Like this one perhapssst?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

cwald

Post by cwald » 31 Jul 2013, 20:36

I think Satan should be played by a NOM or a Dehlinite...That would scare the crap out of most TBMs I think? :-)

Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn't participate enthusiastically. - Robert Kirby

mackay11

Post by mackay11 » 01 Aug 2013, 00:48

cwald wrote:
mackay11 wrote:
If they make Satan more like Gollum and....

You mean like something you might see on a certain someones avatar pic? Like this one perhapssst?

Do you know the odd thing is that any time I read your posts I imagine a small green extra terrestrial sitting tapping away at his phone with long boney alien fingers. Now that you've added the image of a gollum-style loin cloth you are truly terrifying!