Funny Post

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Funny Post

Post by hawkgrrrl » 13 Oct 2021, 13:51

I thought a few of you might get a laugh from a post I pulled together this week from Twitter. There were two prompts in Twitter that had quite a few funny replies:
- "I was so Mormon I . . ." (tell a funny thing you used to do when you were a younger Mormon that you now think is ridiculous)
- What's a thing that seems Mormon but isn't?

https://wheatandtares.org/2021/10/13/i- ... /#comments

LDS_Scoutmaster

Re: Funny Post

Post by LDS_Scoutmaster » 18 Oct 2021, 15:41

– Yelled out the skipped swear words during church dances to preserve the integrity of the song.

One of my fav responses I read
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6311&start=70#p121051 My last talk

We are all imperfect beings, dealing with other imperfect beings, and we're doing it imperfectly.

Roy

Post by Roy » 19 Oct 2021, 11:22

My good friend my freshman year of high school made homemade cigarettes from household kitchen spices like basil and oregano. He reasoned that as long as it didn't have tobacco then it wasn't against the WoW. He seemed surprised when I told him that smoke inhalation was bad for your health even without tobacco.

My in-laws have taken several fun games played with a deck of standard playing cards and modified them to be played with rook cards. They have done this due to cultural stigma against playing with "face cards." My wife did not realize until after we married that these games were modified and that most people use face cards for these games.

I read 3rd Nephi 11 to my non member GF and bore my testimony. I later baptized her. Even later still, I broke up with her because she didn't want me to leave to be a missionary.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Katzpur

Post by Katzpur » 19 Oct 2021, 20:13

Hilarious! :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." ~Rudyard Kipling ~

Heber13
Site Admin

Post by Heber13 » 20 Oct 2021, 19:04

Great thread! :clap:

Tiramisu posts were the best. Love it.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 21 Oct 2021, 04:58

We had a SS teacher who would sometimes bring treats to share. One week he brought coffee cake but refused to call it that, instead calling it something like breakfast cake. He thought himself pretty clever.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction