A Question to the Administrators & members

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Ebowalker

Re: A Question to the Administrators & members

Post by Ebowalker » 12 May 2022, 13:23

DarkJedi wrote:
12 May 2022, 07:12
Thanks for your insights Ebowalker.

This is a thought, but just off hand I'm not sure we're up to that honestly. Many here, including some admins and mods, value the anonymity of the board. We're also all volunteers, some with more time than others and frankly we're stretched a little thin (not criticizing anyone here, just pointing out that three of us have been carrying the majority of the load of late and we're all OK with that). I'm not sure any of us could commit. BUT, it doesn't have to be us - I don't think we would be opposed to a member organizing something like that on their own outside of here and whoever wants to come can come and whoever doesn't want to can choose not to.
It was nice to be heard. Believe me it’s tough for me to speak up. I will try to start more threads.

Just a correction re: zoom meetings, members can choose not to put video on and add any name they want so anonymity is not a problem.

Roy

Post by Roy » 13 May 2022, 15:42

Ebowalker wrote:
11 May 2022, 19:09
But more than that was that exclusive decision early on to allow sacrament to be passed in only homes with PH in it. Can you imagine the Catholic Church only allowing a ritual in families with a male parent? The outcry would be deafening. Yet no one in our church thought there was anything wrong with it.
This brings up one of my musings. What would stop us from having a worldwide broadcast and during the broadcast have someone "bless" the bread and water that has been prepared in the individual homes by the individual members? I speculate that the church has evolved the sacrament as THE reason to attend church every week and the leadership is reluctant to loosen this tether.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Ebowalker

Post by Ebowalker » 19 May 2022, 20:54

Roy wrote:
13 May 2022, 15:42

This brings up one of my musings. What would stop us from having a worldwide broadcast and during the broadcast have someone "bless" the bread and water that has been prepared in the individual homes by the individual members? I speculate that the church has evolved the sacrament as THE reason to attend church every week and the leadership is reluctant to loosen this tether.
We have all this technology, extensive links etc and during the pandemic it became apparent to me that the major reason for these technologies is PR. We could have done so much more.