Hi All

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Heber13
Site Admin

Re: Hi All

Post by Heber13 » 14 Mar 2010, 02:13

SMiLe, welcome.

As a life-time member...I have often wondered about your questions had I not been raised a member:
SMiLe wrote:"Would I have joined the church if I knew then what I know now?" Which then leads to thoughts like, "What do I actually know now?"
I guess the fact that I've chosen to stay in the church despite all the information I have learned of late, lends me to believe that I still view more good about the church than problems...and so I think I would have joined the church even knowing what I know now.

Regardless of the "what if" scenarios...I'm here and now just focusing on moving forward.

I look forward to learning from you. Glad you're here.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

SMiLe

Re: Hi All

Post by SMiLe » 18 Mar 2010, 07:18

Thanks for the welcome, all! I appreciate all of the comments. I really liked Maverick's comment about having been converted to the church 3 or 4 times. There's hope for me yet! :)