I am back...I think.

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Over43

I am back...I think.

Post by Over43 » 28 Apr 2021, 14:51

I decided to find an LDS forum I could hang in. So I went to join this one and discovered I was already here. Go figure. For the life of me, I cannot remember signing up.

Well, it is good to be back to a place I do not remember visiting.

Not much has gone on. Daughters have been married, grandkids, our family is growing. We have two large German Shepherds now, not one. We have an MLB channel subscription so we watch a lot of baseball. My wife bought me a Total Gym for Christmas. I was sceptical, but after four months, I am pleased.

So, yea, what more can you want?

I have been watching sacrament from home. I had the big My Corona in September/October. I was vaccinated twice. But for some reason, outside of work, I just cannot get myself out into public places.

That is all.
"When I was young I wanted to be thin, tan and rich." - Anthony Bourdain

Old-Timer
Site Admin

Re: I am back...I think.

Post by Old-Timer » 30 Apr 2021, 06:40

Welcome back - from someone else who no longer can remember some of what I used to remember easily. :D
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Over43

Post by Over43 » 30 Apr 2021, 07:12

Thank You!
"When I was young I wanted to be thin, tan and rich." - Anthony Bourdain

Roy

Post by Roy » 03 May 2021, 09:32

You can "hang" with us as long as you want. This has been a crazy year and we are all doing the best that we can.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13