Podcast to help stage 3 leaders and stage 4 members

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
DBMormon

Podcast to help stage 3 leaders and stage 4 members

Post by DBMormon » 07 Jun 2015, 07:59

http://leadinglds.com/making-room-in-ld ... -of-faith/

I was interviewed by Kurt Francom​ on LeadingLDS​ Podcast. We talk about Fowler's Stages of Faith and how it applies to Mormonism. Most stage 4 LDS are talking to Stage 3 leaders and listening would be great for both. hope is this podcast can help diminish the tension in these interactions.
Bill Reel from Mormon Discussion Podcast joins me again for chapter 2 in our discussion about the leader’s role in assisted Church members that experience a faith crisis.

In this interview we discuss the framework of the Fowler 6 Stages of Faith. Understanding these concepts will help LDS leaders gain a deeper perspective of the stages people experience when facing serious doubts of faith. Bill spends some time explaining what each faith stage represents and then why stages 3 and 4 are the most important stages for a Church leader to understand. We also discuss how leaders can create room for these individuals in their ward or quorums.

For better understanding on this topic, check out our first interview about helping other through a faith crisis.

NonTraditionalMom

Re: Podcast to help stage 3 leaders and stage 4 members

Post by NonTraditionalMom » 08 Jun 2015, 21:38

I listened to this podcast today, and I just loved it. I wish this was required listening for all bishops. I have wanted to speak to mine for a while now, but based on some things he says over the pulpit, I just don't think there is any way that our conversation could be productive for either of us. This podcast gave me hope, though, and I am trying to think of ways I could get it to him anonymously.

One thing you said on the podcast is that people who grew up in very rigid black & white homes are the ones who are often hit the hardest with faith crises. This describes me exactly; in fact, I am still struggling with obedience to my parents even though I am well into adulthood and have children of my own. Any advice?

DBMormon

Re: Podcast to help stage 3 leaders and stage 4 members

Post by DBMormon » 21 May 2016, 11:24

Love them where they are and pray they do the same.

- you have a right to hold your truth. whether they respect you or not it is yours and you have a right to that ground.