Help for lesson

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
startpoor

Help for lesson

Post by startpoor » 19 May 2015, 11:33

I'm teaching next Sunday, the lesson is on the Sabbath, based on Elder Nelson's talk. As always, GC talks are hard to make into lessons. if anyone has any talks or lessons on the Sabbath they would like to share, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks!!!
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.

Ann

Re: Help for lesson

Post by Ann » 19 May 2015, 12:05

043-thou-shalt-offer-up-thy-sacraments-upon-my-holy-day-doctrine-covenants-and-church-history-16/

This is from mormonsundayschool. Jared Anderson always has tons of material. Sorry, I don't know what I've done wrong copying the link, but go to the site and it's all very well organized.
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11

startpoor

Post by startpoor » 19 May 2015, 12:39

Thanks Ann!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 19 May 2015, 14:44

From my personal blog:

"The Sabbath: Letter vs. Spirit" - http://thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com/2012 ... pirit.html

"Why I Generally Don't Like the Phrase 'Breaking the Sabbath'" - http://thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com/2012 ... hrase.html

"I Also Don't Like the Phrase 'Keep the Sabbath'" - http://thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com/2015 ... bbath.html
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

startpoor

Post by startpoor » 19 May 2015, 15:10

Thanks Ray! These are both great resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk