You need to start responding

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
Eternity4me

Re: You need to start responding

Post by Eternity4me » 23 Sep 2014, 17:03

Mom3 you have no idea how important this board is to me. I am so grateful for those who post openly and often. I am new to this and I am not sure exactly where my faith lies on the crisis spectrum, but as I read posts from people like you it helps me. I am very chatty in person, but I have never spoken aloud of my doubts. I am still uncomfortable giving voice to many of the things that go through my head. Please keep posting and as I get to the point that I understand myself a little better I too will join in. I promise. :smile:

afterall

Post by afterall » 23 Sep 2014, 18:56

My time is limited, but I have been trying to do better. Thanks for the heads up to all of us. I lurked for many years before I ever posted. I love being able to bring a concern, question, or whatever else to this board. Always plenty of things to think about!

Thoreau

Post by Thoreau » 23 Sep 2014, 23:20

I'll quit talking so much. ;)

Sometimes I don't have anything to say.
Sometimes it's already been said and I don't think I need to repeat it.

I'm not much of a cheerleader or someone that has to say something. Usually I just read. Often my responses are "read the handbook, it's available to all."
“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” Henry David Thoreau

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 24 Sep 2014, 03:59

Thoreau wrote:I'll quit talking so much. ;)

Sometimes I don't have anything to say.
Sometimes it's already been said and I don't think I need to repeat it.

I'm not much of a cheerleader or someone that has to say something. Usually I just read. Often my responses are "read the handbook, it's available to all."
I do sometimes feel this way. I'll see a question or request for response and somebody already said what I would say. Sometimes there are things I would add, but sometimes not.

And I think about that thread about family scripture study that has no answers. Even when we were a TBM family we didn't do very well at it, and I honestly have nothing to base any response on to that question.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Joni

Post by Joni » 24 Sep 2014, 05:20

Mom3, I really enjoy your posts.

I don't respond as much as I used to because, short answer, I got busted by DH for reading this site. :o So now I use an incognito browser window, which means I have to sign in every time I visit, and I hate HATE signing in to anything because I can never remember all my passwords. So I'm a lot more likely to read without commenting these days.

MockingJay

Post by MockingJay » 24 Sep 2014, 05:33

Hi Mom3,

I love your posts and comments and you are right that some of us could probably post more. I'm only able to get on the site a few times/week, so some days I make a few or several comments and other days, nothing. I wish I were able to get on every day. This site keeps me sane.

Two other things keep me from posting more often:

1. I feel like many things I'm thinking, feeling and questioning have already been discussed in detail before I joined, but I don't want to search back through all the threads to find out, so I just let it go.

2. There are days I have sooooo much I want to post about that I can't decide what to choose. Like right now, I'm dealing with the existence of God (or not), existence after death (or not), Hastening the Work, who the people are that are joining the church, how impossible it feels to make any comments that don't tow the party line in my ward, living as a closet doubter, and many more. Maybe one day soon I'll post on all the things buzzing around in my head and overwhelm the moderators ;)

TataniaAvalon

Post by TataniaAvalon » 24 Sep 2014, 06:49

Honestly the reason I don't reply often is I'm on my mobile and it's much more difficult to do. Plus I sometimes don't feel like I have anything to add. I do read the posts though :-)

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 24 Sep 2014, 15:17

Mom3, I agree that people that are struggling in the church need us. Sometimes there are posts that I'm not sure how to respond to. I have become friends with Mike from this forum. We talked on the phone Sunday. He used to vent a lot more on here in the past, but he's more quiet now, since he's worked out much of his issues. The truth is about me is that I tend to be more of a loner and quiet, but I'm much more talkative in one-on-one conversations. Mom3, I do enjoy reading your posts. Anyway, if you post something from now on and I can't think of anything to see I'll just post an emotion icon. Like right about you. :smile:

university

Post by university » 24 Sep 2014, 15:50

I appreciate your comments. I check this forum everyday. Even though I find the time to lurk, it's one thing for me to follow the conversations, and it's another for me to try and form a response of my own. But this forum has seen me through difficult times and I'm grateful for all the input I've seen. Your thoughts have helped me more than you know :wave:

church0333

Post by church0333 » 24 Sep 2014, 17:48

I have well over 500 post and when I first stated my faith crisis/transition I was on the high council and the new knowledge was consuming me. I was desperate in trying to stayLDS. I read and posted everyday but I have grown tired of all the stress and I have found most of the answers I was looking for. If there is something new then I will respond but I can't keep rehashing it all over and over. It is too hard. I enjoy many of the regulars here and read and sometimes respond to those that are new but truth be told, I am just tired and have found it hurts too much.