Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus 1991

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
Ilovechrist77

Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus 1991

Post by Ilovechrist77 »

I know this is a little late, and it's getting closer to the new year, but I just wanted to mention that on Christmas day I saw a highly underrated Christmas movie made for TV called Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus. It starred Charles Bronson, who is normally known for playing tough-guy roles in action/suspense movies and playing a reporter in the movie Messenger of Death, a movie about Mormon polygamists, Richard Thomas, who starred in the TV show The Waltons and the TV miniseries It, Edward Asner, who starred in Elf, and Katharine Isabelle, who as adult now normally plays in fantasy/horror movies. The entire cast was excellent. I remember seeing when in came out on TV in when I was 14, but I couldn't remember much of it. My parents and I really enjoyed it. If you have never seen, I won't give too much away, but I will say that you never see Santa Claus in the movie. They had a great contrast of good and sleazy characters and did a great job showing the spirit of Christ, the true spirit of Christmas. How Santa's existence was explained at the end of the movie shows some nuance, sort of like the nuance many of us develop to help us in our faith journeys. If you have had a chance to watch it, I'd invite you to.