Article on being transgender at BYU

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
Roy

Article on being transgender at BYU

Post by Roy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/voi ... spartandhp

I am sharing this article here because it is a form of media. The author was born female but now identifies as male. I felt that he was very balanced and even compassionate towards his LDS peers that he described.

I also felt it was interesting that a common response was that it would not be safe for him to live in male student housing. Unfortunately, that may be true - like it wasn't exactly safe for the black kids that crossed the line for school desegregation. More than that, I wonder what it says about us that we fear that the best and brightest of our young people might beat up someone who is different in this way.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13