Rough Stone Rolling Summer Book Club

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
mom3

Rough Stone Rolling Summer Book Club

Post by mom3 » 24 Apr 2015, 17:31

Some of you may have seen this but Juvenile Instructor is hosting an online Summer Reading Club for Rough Stone Rolling.

http://bycommonconsent.com/2015/04/21/g ... book-club/

Even if you don't have time to read the book, you may want to follow the discussions. I participated with Jana Riess for Crucible of Doubt. I didn't always get my reading selection finished, but the conversations were really insightful.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

Ilovechrist77

Re: Rough Stone Rolling Summer Book Club

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 24 Apr 2015, 18:54

Mom3, that's something I would love to do. :smile:

startpoor

Re: Rough Stone Rolling Summer Book Club

Post by startpoor » 25 Apr 2015, 16:11

Following on facebook. Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happiness (n.) The state of being in compliance with Mormon norms, regardless of one’s actual resulting emotional state

George, Sr.: Faith is a fact. No, faith is a facet. I almost said faith is a fact.