I'm here to stay LDS

Public forum, tell us about yourself and what brings you to StayLDS!
Broken60

I'm here to stay LDS

Post by Broken60 » 14 Oct 2020, 11:34

HI : I came here to have a safe place and to try and stay in the church. I no longer believe much in LDS teaching but am a devoted Christian!!! My wife is hard core LDS so I attend mostly for her. I like the BOM but I don't believe it was translated the way the church claims at best I regard it as a 19th century God inspired writing by Joseph Smith. I don't believe we can become a God of our own world etc etc. I do regard myself as a good person who strives to be better. I don't believe the LDS is the one true church or any church is the one true church. I cant stand people in Sunday school who try to tell me the way things are when they don't know. I take the attitude that we are all in different places on our own faith journey and we should respect all. Well thats about it for now. Thanks.

DarkJedi

Re: I'm here to stay LDS

Post by DarkJedi » 14 Oct 2020, 12:06

Welcome to our little community, I'm glad you found us.

I relate to much of what you said, including the difficulty I sometimes have in SS (and priesthood and sometimes sacrament/testimony meeting). We are indeed all in different places on our faith journeys, and each one's journey is one's own.

I hope you find value here and look forward to your perspective in our symphony.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 14 Oct 2020, 20:23

Welcome Broken60. We are glad you found us. This is a safe place to anonymously exchange our thoughts, ideas, issues, problems, etc.
It is always good to have new "blood". Things have been a little quiet lately. I think it might be due to the virus.

Keep coming back.

Roy

Post by Roy » 20 Oct 2020, 14:00

Hi Broken!

I have the same issue with SS and there are several techniques that may help. Feel free to start a thread specifically about that challenge and we can discuss at greater length. You are not alone.

Welcome friend!

Roy
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13