I found this song & video interesting

Public forum to discuss interesting and helpful books.
Minyan Man

I found this song & video interesting

Post by Minyan Man » 07 Sep 2020, 08:35

FWIW I found this song & video and love the message.
It is on an album by Avicii
The song is titled: Trouble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiuabrUp8zM

It deals with seeking, personal progression, learning & appreciation.
The topics relate to many things we discuss on this site.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: I found this song & video interesting

Post by Curt Sunshine » 08 Sep 2020, 14:51

Thanks for sharing this.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Roy

Post by Roy » 13 Sep 2020, 09:21

I really liked the song.

"I am a million miles from where I'm from" I have grown and changed so much. I can have compassion for the version of myself that I used to be.

"But there's still another million miles to come" I am a work in progress. I can be humble in realizing that I am still learning and changing. I make mistakes that a future me may see as foolhardy. I try to have compassion on my fellow travelers by realizing that we are all in different versions of the same journey.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 13 Sep 2020, 10:25

Roy wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 09:21
"I am a million miles from where I'm from" I have grown and changed so much. I can have compassion for the version of myself that I used to be.

"But there's still another million miles to come" I am a work in progress. I can be humble in realizing that I am still learning and changing. I make mistakes that a future me may see as foolhardy. I try to have compassion on my fellow travelers by realizing that we are all in different versions of the same journey.
Roy, that was my reaction to the song too.

Ilovechrist77

Post by Ilovechrist77 » 13 Sep 2020, 18:43

Thanks for sharing. I really love the words and the message of that song. :thumbup: