The New Sunday Stuff and Me

Public forum for those seeking support for their experience in the LDS Church.
DarkJedi

Re: The New Sunday Stuff and Me

Post by DarkJedi » 13 Feb 2019, 16:23

An afterthought. I did realize this past Sunday that I have lost a bit of contact (and hence have ministered less) since the change. The catalyst for this epiphany was when I saw the sister who is taking care of her grandbaby because her daughter is unable to (because of addiction). We regularly chatted during those second hours in the foyer. She doesn't come every Sunday, and I have not been there every Sunday either (and we didn't have church one Sunday because of snow). But I saw the baby and he had grown like a foot in the last month or so (it probably only seems like a foot, but he's lots bigger). And it hit me - I haven't chatted with her since the end of December.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Heber13

Re: The New Sunday Stuff and Me

Post by Heber13 » 16 Feb 2019, 03:39

mom3 wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 21:37
  • Judgement of others
  • Comments on inactives
  • Gender hints or comments
  • We're number 1
At least I only have to hear that stuff for 2 hours now, instead of 3 hours. Net win! ;)
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."