Ward Facebook Post

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
mom3

Ward Facebook Post

Post by mom3 »

We interrupt the seriousness of our work here to inform you that a ward will be having a Rice Krispy Temple Activity in a couple of days. And, according to the post, "It will be fun."

We now return to our program in progress.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman
Reuben

Re: Ward Facebook Post

Post by Reuben »

Date night! Woo!

The men will be dressing a bit like Snap on the cereal box, which is kinda cool, I guess.
My intro

Love before dogma. Truth before loyalty. Knowledge before certainty.
nibbler

Post by nibbler »

Reuben wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 00:19 The men will be dressing a bit like Snap on the cereal box, which is kinda cool, I guess.
:| :smile: :D :lol:
I kept a diary right after I was born. Day 1: Tired from the move. Day 2: Everyone thinks I'm an idiot.
— Steven Wright
mom3

Post by mom3 »

Or this perhaps-

"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Oh, my. :o
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
nibbler

Post by nibbler »

mom3 wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 08:39 Or this perhaps-

Now clickable.

I kept a diary right after I was born. Day 1: Tired from the move. Day 2: Everyone thinks I'm an idiot.
— Steven Wright
mom3

Post by mom3 »

Now clickable.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mom3

Post by mom3 »

Horror Update - It happened. Yes they did it. I would expose myself too much if I posted pictures. Suffice it to say, even in my TBM days this would be and is gringe worthy.

I may never eat a rice krispy treat again.