God of the Lost Car Keys!

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
nibbler

Re: God of the Lost Car Keys!

Post by nibbler » 09 Oct 2017, 06:34

Warning, irreverence ahead.

Alternate First Vision Account
It’s strange. When I couldn’t find the drop and the plague came, you seemed so far away I would not ever be able to find you again. But I know now that you were here all along, and that nothing, not the Black Death nor seven hundred years, nor death nor things to come nor any other creature could ever separate me from your caring and concern. It was with me every minute.
― Connie Willis , Doomsday Book

longbottom

Post by longbottom » 09 Oct 2017, 06:55

AAAAHHHH!!!! I haven't laughed that loud in a LONG time! The thing is, I feel sure that this is actually funny to God. I am much more apt now to see God with a sense of humor, and as Beefster portrays, one that is generally not too interventional, but to me is definitely way cooler than I ever used to think He was. Alas, though, this is coming from me, who was fortunate to emerge from my C of F with my testimony strengthened.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 09 Oct 2017, 08:44

Nibbler - I believe that is in the 8th Account of the FV. Your safe.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

LookingHard

Post by LookingHard » 09 Oct 2017, 13:54

So THAT is when he got the keys to the Melchizedek priesthood!