April 2020 General Conference

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
nibbler

April 2020 General Conference

Post by nibbler » 04 Apr 2020, 08:56

Thread for April 2020 General Conference
Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
― Jesus

DarkJedi

Re: April 2020 General Conference

Post by DarkJedi » 04 Apr 2020, 09:07

I'll let it slide that a boy who went to ask for his own forgiveness brought us all such great blessings. It's a matter of perspective I suppose.

I do like "It Is Well With My Soul" and hope it is included in the new hymnal.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 04 Apr 2020, 09:09

I suddenly feel like a salad.
Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
― Jesus

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 04 Apr 2020, 09:17

Russell M. Nelson

Nelson calls out that he didn't foresee the circumstances of this conference as they relate to social isolation. It's a nice call-out given all the speculation leading up to conference that Nelson was somehow predicting the pandemic when he said that this conference would be special.

Nelson teased exciting changes that will be announced at some point during the conference. Now you gotta watch. :smile:

The hosanna shout will also be done during conference.
― Jesus

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 04 Apr 2020, 09:34

M. Russell Ballard

A talk on the Smith family and more specifically Joseph Smith. A fairly basic retelling of things found in Joseph Smith History in the PoGP and a high level view of some other points towards the end of Joseph's life.

Ballard did mention that Joseph saw many angels as a part of the first vision, hinting at things mentioned in the other accounts of the first vision.

I'm assuming Ballard is mentioning Hyrum Smith a lot because Ballard is a descendant of Hyrum.

Happy Easter.
― Jesus

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 04 Apr 2020, 09:37

A little more warning about the hosanna about would have been nice. I have white handkerchiefs but most people probably don't. He did say you could just use your hand.

Ballard has said nothing to crow about. A tribute to Joseph and Hyrum. (If you don't know, Ballard is the great-great-grandson of Hyrum.)

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 04 Apr 2020, 09:46

James R. Rasband

Where would you be without the Book of Mormon?

This is a talk about Christ and the atonement.
― Jesus

desertghost93

Post by desertghost93 » 04 Apr 2020, 09:52

I agree with this current talk. Women have contributed a lot to the Priesthood
You can’t base your knowledge of a church off-broadway plays and the media, or even comments from church members because there are millions of them and they are all different and have different opinions, just like everybody else in this world.

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 04 Apr 2020, 09:52

I like that James Rasband's remarks did seem to focus on the universality of the atonement of Christ as taught in the BoM. His remarks were fairly grace centered.

My Introduction

desertghost93

Post by desertghost93 » 04 Apr 2020, 09:54

"The Lord loves effort".

Love that line. The Savior knows we are going to mess up from time to time and he knows we are trying our best.
You can’t base your knowledge of a church off-broadway plays and the media, or even comments from church members because there are millions of them and they are all different and have different opinions, just like everybody else in this world.