What happened to Mormon.org?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SamBee

What happened to Mormon.org?

Post by SamBee » 04 Dec 2019, 18:54

Not just talking about the URL change. Have all those personal profiles been deleted?
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Sheldon

Re: What happened to Mormon.org?

Post by Sheldon » 05 Dec 2019, 11:40

They are having to rename all the “I’m a Mormon” entries to “I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”. This is taking much longer than anticipated. They also have to scrub the text to do the replacement of the word Mormon, but not if they are talking about the Mormon Pioneers. It has the IT nerds at the COB working overtime!

mom3

Post by mom3 » 05 Dec 2019, 12:20

Am I the only one who imagines a war in heaven smack down when Nelson and Hinckley meet at the Pearly Gates?
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 05 Dec 2019, 16:09

Well, the "I'm a Mormon" campaign ran mostly under Monson. I feel sad that a lot of those profiles seem to have been deleted. They gave the church a human face, rather than a corporate one.

Yes, I know there was White Baby Challenge woman and one or two other ones, but overall I liked the concept.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."