LDS church supports LGBQT conversion therapy?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Roy

Re: LDS church supports LGBQT conversion therapy?

Post by Roy » 08 Dec 2019, 12:31

I agree. The rule change is a positive step. It is not perfect but it is good and good is enough.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Roy

Re: LDS church supports LGBQT conversion therapy?

Post by Roy » 22 Jan 2020, 10:22

The new rule went into effect yesterday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so-ca ... spartandhp

"This measure will truly save lives"

Utah is only the 19th state to ban the practice. Even as I feel that the new rule could have been stronger, it is sobering to think that a majority of states don't have any sort of restrictions in place against "so called conversion therapy."

This is a great example of compromise in order to provide good governance and it should be celebrated.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13