President Nelson's Sunday Morning Talk

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

President Nelson's Sunday Morning Talk

Post by Curt Sunshine » 06 Oct 2019, 10:48

This is important. I love the focus on service and humanitarian aid. It hearkens back to Pres. Momson's focus.

When he focuses on topics like this that are central to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is inspiring.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

DarkJedi

Re: President Nelson's Sunday Morning Talk

Post by DarkJedi » 06 Oct 2019, 11:10

Agreed. I have appreciated that the vast majority of the speakers this conference have focused on Jesus Christ and core principles of His Gospel. Pres. Nelson was no exception. I too appreciated Pres. Monson for his focus on love and caring for one another. He talked about it every conference. I am happy to hear that same message from his successor.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

PazamaManX

Post by PazamaManX » 07 Oct 2019, 20:10

This was easily my favorite talk. I wish this was focused on more.
"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness, even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." ~ Thomas Jefferson

QuestionAbound

Post by QuestionAbound » 08 Oct 2019, 04:43

And I wish we had more missionaries doing humanitarian work. 😎