Study doctrine and change behavior

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Study doctrine and change behavior

Post by Curt Sunshine » 07 Sep 2019, 08:04

For people who value doctrine highly, studying it changes behavior - or continues previous behavior, which changes the probability of future behavior.

I try to remember that leaders generally are correct when they make this sort of statement - regarding those for whom it works that way.

"I promise..." is another example. Those promises are correct - regarding those for whom they are correct.

That might sound silly or like a copout at first, but it is an important principle. People tend to see things through a dark glass - and that dark glass view tends to be the one they assume is clearer than it actually is and the one others can see, as well.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken