- Chloe Sevegny (actress): has a family belief that was described & quoted as:
.Be yourself above all else
- Michael Moore (film maker) told the story of going to Catholic Seminary in High School for one year. At the end of the year he decided that the PH was not for him & he talked to the administration about quitting & going back to regular high school.
The administration said that they were in the process of asking him not to come back. The reason they gave was:
.You ask too many questions
This made me think:
1. The church seems to have the requirement that asks the membership to conform. Conform to doctrine, beliefs, dress, etc.
2. Don't ask a lot of questions. If you do, you run the risk of exclusion. Not being accepted, validated & excluded from callings.
On this forum, we seem to be a group who have the qualities of:
- Being ourselves above all else.
- We have a tendency to question authority, teachings and doctrine.
- When we can't or won't conform, we may find ourselves on the outside looking in or remaining silent.
Is this valid? Or, too simplified? Just curious.