Sealing waiting period policy discontinued

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Re: Sealing waiting period policy discontinued

Post by Curt Sunshine » 08 Sep 2019, 16:22

That is wonderful, Katzpur. I am so glad to hear about it being said over the pulpit by leadership.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Katzpur

Re: Sealing waiting period policy discontinued

Post by Katzpur » 08 Sep 2019, 16:36

What really, really, really bugs me, though, is that if I (just your regular old lay member of the Church) had had the audacity to say the same thing even a few months ago, I would have had everybody within the sound of my voice telling me that I needed to humble myself and listen to the council of my leaders. It just makes me so mad that if you disagree with the leadership over some policy issue, you're berated for your lack of faith and commitment. The extent to which we judge one another over the most trivial of things is absolutely appalling.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." ~Rudyard Kipling ~