Good Article on Conference Topics so far and RMN Changes

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SilentDawning

Good Article on Conference Topics so far and RMN Changes

Post by SilentDawning » 06 Apr 2019, 17:31

Here is an article on Fox news that discusses the focus of the last two sessions of conference. But it also goes into a temporal view of the church's stance on same sex marriage, and other changes more recently...it was a good synoposis from an apparent non-Mormon...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mormon-leade ... conference
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

Roy

Re: Good Article on Conference Topics so far and RMN Changes

Post by Roy » 07 Apr 2019, 14:30

It is a good summary and very church friendly account.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

SilentDawning

Re: Good Article on Conference Topics so far and RMN Changes

Post by SilentDawning » 07 Apr 2019, 15:17

Roy wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 14:30
It is a good summary and very church friendly account.
I agree.
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young