What should be ADDED to the WoW?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Re: What should be ADDED to the WoW?

Post by hawkgrrrl » 27 Jan 2019, 10:34

In reality, I wouldn't add anything, but in practice, I do add one that I see lots of Mormons violate: sharing prescription medications. First, I think Mormons in general are too prone toward using medication for pain relief, etc. (where non-LDS people are probably just taking the edge off with a glass of wine), and secondly, within families, people seem to share them like a communal prescription. Back hurts? Take one of dad's Lortabs! Have a migraine? Mom's got some Valium you could borrow.

SamBee

Re: What should be ADDED to the WoW?

Post by SamBee » 28 Jan 2019, 05:08

hawkgrrrl wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 10:34
In reality, I wouldn't add anything, but in practice, I do add one that I see lots of Mormons violate: sharing prescription medications. First, I think Mormons in general are too prone toward using medication for pain relief, etc. (where non-LDS people are probably just taking the edge off with a glass of wine), and secondly, within families, people seem to share them like a communal prescription. Back hurts? Take one of dad's Lortabs! Have a migraine? Mom's got some Valium you could borrow.
Yes, this is a very good point. A lot of people assume that because something is prescribed it is okay. Not only are some things misprescribed, but they are also addictive, modify your behavior (and not always in a good way) and that is before you get to the issue of sharing you mention.

US doctors have a reputation internationally of handing medication out like candy. And you have Elvis and Michael Jackson who both died partly as a result of Doctor Feelgoods.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."