New Sunday Worship

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SamBee

Re: New Sunday Worship

Post by SamBee » 17 Oct 2018, 16:35

I get hundreds of emails every day. And the information only very occasionally goes on there. Sometimes tried and tested is best.

As for social media, most of that is just a form of m*sturbation and narcisssism. Very hard to keep track of anything on it.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

DarkJedi

Re: New Sunday Worship

Post by DarkJedi » 21 Oct 2018, 15:37

DarkJedi wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 15:38
SamBee wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 16:54
We really need announcements. Firstly most of our ward is transient, so needs constant reminders and secondly, it's the main way information gets about - particularly on events.
I am actually in the camp of no or very few (read almost no) announcements. The point was made by Elder Cook that announcements can be effectively handled via a program or, for those of us who have kept up with the 21st Century, email or text. I do understand not everyone can access text or email, I think the Q15 does also - hence they mentioned the program as an option.

I'd rather we eliminate business in the beginning, too. Do it at the end or in the other meeting.
As I've reflected on this a bit more, and as I sat through announcements in SM and priesthood today, I have realized the subjectiveness of what constitutes brief announcements. That is, I think my bishop believes he is making brief announcements because they are, after all, usually only about 5 minutes and rarely more than 7 or 8 (my bishop tends to pontificate and elaborate on announcements, his counselors not so much). To me, however, brief means less than a minute.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction