Sacred Myth and Truth Claims

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Re: Sacred Myth and Truth Claims

Post by Old-Timer »

Children now are taught to be critical thinkers in school much more than happened with my generation. I see that all the time when talking with my children's generations and FAR less often when talking with friends with whom I went to school.

One simple example:

Intentionally false, fabricated memes are shared on Facebook exponentially more often by older, highly conservative people than by every type of younger person. It is a safety /, protection reflex for the older, more conservative paradigm, whereas the younger generations are much more willing to be exposed to, explore, and question things.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken