Request for quotes/ideas

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Only Love

Re: Request for quotes/ideas

Post by Only Love » 06 Aug 2018, 07:01

Thank you, everyone, for these awesome ideas!

Only Love

Post by Only Love » 14 Aug 2018, 08:07

I want to say thank you again to each of you who shared thoughts and resources with me. I used ideas from every single one of you. Combining all of our wisdom and love, I think it turned out beautifully and many, many people thanked me for it. You all have so much pure goodness to offer. Thank you for sharing it.

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 14 Aug 2018, 11:19

Thanks for reporting back. This made my day.

Seriously, I have been "in the trenches" here for almost 10 years. This stuff is what keeps me going - and knowing there are lots more examples about which we never hear.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

mom3

Post by mom3 » 14 Aug 2018, 11:59

Wonderful. I am glad it went so well for you. Helping with lessons and talks is a favorite past time over here. Feel free to let us help anytime.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman