How to live after the manner of happiness...according to Harvard

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SilentDawning

How to live after the manner of happiness...according to Harvard

Post by SilentDawning » 06 May 2018, 19:37

This article below was interesting. I read about happiness a lot, and what drives it..

This article says that relationship quality is at the heart of happiness...

https://www.theladders.com/career-advic ... fetime-joy

it made me think about how I grew miserable when my LDS community seemed to uncaring to me over the years. And how so many wards and leaders get side tracked in running the church like a business rather than trying to create a community. Communities create happiness, not statistics. I think the new HT program is kind of getting us there, but the article spoke volumes to me...

I don't find many good relationships in the church any more. Since I'm in the outgroup, I had to find them elsewhere...
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576

LookingHard

Re: How to live after the manner of happiness...according to Harvard

Post by LookingHard » 06 May 2018, 20:34

Amen. I feel I have learned what this is saying the last few years. Relationships are what make life worth living.