Hawkgrrl Special on BCC

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
mom3

Hawkgrrl Special on BCC

Post by mom3 »

I love Hawkgrrl's post. Pithy and to the point. Enjoy -

https://bycommonconsent.com/2018/04/20/ ... ore-105719
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman
Ilovechrist77

Re: Hawkgrrl Special on BCC

Post by Ilovechrist77 »

Mom3, thanks for the reference. I really enjoy her Hawkgirl's comments and perspective. :thumbup: I'm not a feminist, but I support women's lib, so it would be great to see Heavenly Mother acknowledged a lot more in the church's doctrine and either see women get the priesthood or getting to bless the sick, like Joseph Smith gave to women.
dande48

Post by dande48 »

At first I thought it said BBC, and got REALLY excited.

I always enjoy your comments, Hawkgirl. Thanks for sharing.
"The whole world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

"Even though there are no ways of knowing for sure, there are ways of knowing for pretty sure."
-Lemony Snicket
Roy

Post by Roy »

Thank you for this Blog post Hawkgrrl. Thank you for linking to it Mom3.

Gender inequality in the church is very entrenched.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13
Old-Timer
Site Admin

Post by Old-Timer »

Yep. Hawk is good people. :D
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi »

Thanks for sharing, Mom (and Hawk). I've shared it with a couple people I think might benefit from it.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction