Talk help - Book of Mormon

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Roy

Re: Talk help - Book of Mormon

Post by Roy » 05 Feb 2018, 10:13

I love how the tree of life represents "the Son". His fruit is the love of God. His story is the manifestation of God's love for us. Those that came to the tree fell down on their faces to partake of the fruit. We might think that in order to partake of the fruit you would need to put the work in. Get a ladder, climb the tree, etc. These people received the fruit by prostrating themselves.
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Heber13

Re: Talk help - Book of Mormon

Post by Heber13 » 05 Feb 2018, 10:20

The nice thing about the Book of Mormon is so much of it sounds like many parts of the new testament and gospels. :)

Matt is quoted...teachings of the beatitudes.

The allegory of the tame and wild olive trees in Jacob 5. God works with his people and weeps. More the weeping god than vengeful god.

3Nephi...and how Christ ministers to the sick and the children as a great example for us.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."