New approach to sexual assualt

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
NightSG

Re: New approach to sexual assualt

Post by NightSG » 05 Feb 2018, 20:53

Roy wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 10:27
Also I believe that most bishops are not good therapists.
I just wish more of them would realize that. When my grandma died, a Baptist minister granddad had known for years invited many of the family to one-on-one meetings even though none of us were Baptist. The first thing he said in the meeting was "I'm not a grief counselor or therapist, though I can recommend a good one if you want. I"m a pastor and a friend: I'll listen as much as you need, discuss what the Bible says about it if you want, and pray with you and for you. If you want a personal opinion, I might offer one, but that's all it is."

dande48

Re: New approach to sexual assualt

Post by dande48 » 05 Feb 2018, 21:00

NightSG wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 20:53
I just wish more of them would realize that. When my grandma died, a Baptist minister granddad had known for years invited many of the family to one-on-one meetings even though none of us were Baptist. The first thing he said in the meeting was "I'm not a grief counselor or therapist, though I can recommend a good one if you want. I"m a pastor and a friend: I'll listen as much as you need, discuss what the Bible says about it if you want, and pray with you and for you. If you want a personal opinion, I might offer one, but that's all it is."
THAT sounds like a solid Christian minister. I think too many bishops feel like the Spirit is going to tell them the perfect thing they need to say in just the right moment. Sometimes they do, but for the most part it too often leads to disaster.
"But there's no sense in crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying, til you run out of cake." - Still Alive

"Even though there are no ways of knowing for sure, there are ways of knowing for pretty sure."
-Lemony Snicket