Grateful for this forum!

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
squarepeg

Grateful for this forum!

Post by squarepeg » 04 Jan 2018, 19:46

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts here. I can't express enough how much help you have been to me. I joined this forum almost a year ago when I was considering trying to reactivate myself after years of inactivity and wasn't sure I could do it. The people who take the time out of their lives to post here gave me the courage and sense of being "not alone" that I needed to be able to come back. I do not think that "reactivating" is the right thing for everyone all the time, and I can't say that we'll always be active, but for my situation and for my kids it has been a positive thing for us to engage with a ward again. There have been times since we started to attend again when I've wanted to once again disengage, but being able to come here to a safe place and express feelings and ask questions, and find other people who think the way I do, and don't view me as a deviant who doesn't belong, has made all the difference. And I think the Church is vastly better for having llamas amongst the sheep, so it's pretty significant that this place exists where llamas can be "filled" and be reminded that they're not the only llama.

Also, I want you all to know that when you take a lot of time and effort to make really thoughtful posts and replies, they don't just sit dormant and wasted once the post stops being active. A number of times I have had questions that I thought of posting anew for, but upon searching old posts I have found wonderfully thorough and satisfying answers and I've not needed to start a new discussion. So, I'm glad the old posts are accessible, and I'm grateful for everyone who is here being continually supportive.

Llama On!

gospeltangents

Re: Grateful for this forum!

Post by gospeltangents » 04 Jan 2018, 23:14

It's always wonderful to hear nice comments like this! Glad you find this valuable. We love the forum too! :clap:
See my latest interviews on Mormon History, Science & Theology at www.gospeltangents.com

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 05 Jan 2018, 21:04

This is why I have stayed actively engaged here for almost ten years. This is what makes it all worthwhile.

Thank you.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

mom3

Post by mom3 » 06 Jan 2018, 10:17

We are glad you joined us. The place is wonderful because of the people who hang out here.

It's wonderful to know we have been a source of good in a life.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

Roy

Post by Roy » 07 Jan 2018, 14:16

I too am thankful for this forum. Many have moved on and I respect that. Sometimes our paths cross for only a moment sometimes they run parallel for some distance. May God bless each of us in our journeys! :angel:
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13