GA's Twitter Accounts

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SamBee

GA's Twitter Accounts

Post by SamBee » 04 Jan 2018, 13:48

I have just been looking at the Twitter accounts of several GAs.

President Monson's is the only one to forward the news of his death. The main LDS Twitter feed supplies most of the news. The GA's instead tend to post inspirational quotes, and none of them have commented on his recent death. (Uchtdorf & Eyring did release a lovely public statement on the matter elsewhere.)

What a contrast to the, ehem, other president. Donald Trump is certainly far more forthright on his Twitter account and less guarded, and that has been controversial.

GA's seem to get someone else to put things on Twitter. Everything is spelled out and laid out properly. The tweets are very occasional - once or twice a month. Each of them apart from Elder Bednar seems to follow 19 other feeds.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

LookingHard

Re: GA's Twitter Accounts

Post by LookingHard » 04 Jan 2018, 15:16

I think those are all run by the PR department. I can't see one of the Q15 whipping out his iPhone during one of the quorum meetings and sharing a thought via twitter.

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 04 Jan 2018, 15:18

LookingHard wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 15:16
I think those are all run by the PR department. I can't see one of the Q15 whipping out his iPhone during one of the quorum meetings and sharing a thought via twitter.
It's actually just as well. I'm not a huge fan of correlation but we have seen how destructive Twitter can be.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow » 04 Jan 2018, 15:49

Yes, I'm sure what is shared on the GA's accounts are 98% PR, and 2% from the actual GA. I agree that the whole Trump/Twitter thing is ridiculous. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see the statement that the White House released regarding Monson's death:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... ay-saints/
It's a pretty generic statement, but still a positive gesture. Note: This is not meant to be a political statement at all. It was just surprising to see that statement from the White House.
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139

NightSG

Post by NightSG » 04 Jan 2018, 18:53

LookingHard wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 15:16
I can't see one of the Q15 whipping out his iPhone during one of the quorum meetings and sharing a thought via twitter.
"Feelin da Spirit up in here wit ma homies, yo. We gon send out more missionaries real soon."

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 04 Jan 2018, 20:20

Holy Cow wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 15:49
Yes, I'm sure what is shared on the GA's accounts are 98% PR, and 2% from the actual GA. I agree that the whole Trump/Twitter thing is ridiculous. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see the statement that the White House released regarding Monson's death:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... ay-saints/
It's a pretty generic statement, but still a positive gesture. Note: This is not meant to be a political statement at all. It was just surprising to see that statement from the White House.
That is a very nice statement actually. I doubt Trump had much to do with it, but someone had their eye on the ball. Still at least he put his name to it.

BeJoyful

Post by BeJoyful » 05 Jan 2018, 09:35

NightSG wrote: "Feelin da Spirit up in here wit ma homies, yo. We gon send out more missionaries real soon."
Bahahaha!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk