A Christmas Wish

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

A Christmas Wish

Post by Curt Sunshine » 25 Dec 2017, 08:51

Have a blessed Christmas, everyone.

I know this can be a difficult time for some people. Our oldest son is dealing with unique pain right now that makes it hard to be joyful, surrounded by people celebrating with their families. Whatever your circumstances, please know you are loved and appreciated here simply for the people you are.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Roy

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by Roy » 25 Dec 2017, 15:28

Thank you Curt.

I love this community. You were a lifeline in my deepest sorrow.

A good number that have helped me have since moved on. Merry Christmas wishes to all!
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 25 Dec 2017, 15:51

I too have been greatly helped by my friends here and love this community. It is my hope that none feel unloved or unwanted here. And God bless us every one!
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

sistercellophane

Post by sistercellophane » 25 Dec 2017, 20:02

That is so nice, yes Christmas can be difficult for some of us, I know it is for me. So nice to receive love from others. I’m new here and I am so happy to have found a place to open up and share with others who “get it”. Love and merry Christmas to everyone here, I’m looking forward to getting to know you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmyJ

Post by AmyJ » 26 Dec 2017, 07:39

Merry Festivities! Feliz Navidad!
(I love saying this because my brain translates it into "Happy Nativity" - which takes me back to the heart of Christmas).

I have felt loved and secure in a place where "things may not be as they seem" is the vocalized norm and talked about. Thank you!