God of the Lost Car Keys!

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
nibbler

Re: God of the Lost Car Keys!

Post by nibbler » 09 Oct 2017, 06:34

Warning, irreverence ahead.

Alternate First Vision Account
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
— Henry David Thoreau

longbottom

Post by longbottom » 09 Oct 2017, 06:55

AAAAHHHH!!!! I haven't laughed that loud in a LONG time! The thing is, I feel sure that this is actually funny to God. I am much more apt now to see God with a sense of humor, and as Beefster portrays, one that is generally not too interventional, but to me is definitely way cooler than I ever used to think He was. Alas, though, this is coming from me, who was fortunate to emerge from my C of F with my testimony strengthened.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 09 Oct 2017, 08:44

Nibbler - I believe that is in the 8th Account of the FV. Your safe.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

LookingHard

Post by LookingHard » 09 Oct 2017, 13:54

So THAT is when he got the keys to the Melchizedek priesthood!