Anybody get married after a FC and staylds/ be unorthodox?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
unsure

Re: Anybody get married after a FC and staylds/ be unorthodox?

Post by unsure » 01 Jun 2017, 15:56

DoubtingTom wrote:
31 May 2017, 15:40

So, with that said, where would I start such a search? That is the golden question, isn't it? The last time I was in the dating scene most people still didn't have cell phones. How times have changed! I would consider dating sites, but not necessarily limit it to just LDS ones. And for the LDS ones, I would be upfront and honest about my faith journey so there wouldn't be unrealistic expectations. But I would also consider other non-LDS sites. And I think today, the kids are into other ways to meet like Tinder and such.

The thought of dating again terrifies me, but in some ways, I envy your position.

My two cents and good luck!
That's pretty much it. Where would I be able to find such a person? I'm not really sure. I'd wager there is no good answer except don't limit yourself.

Don't forget the grass is always greener on the other side. I hope you and your spouse can find an acceptable compromise (if that's the right word) on both ends and be happy with where the other person is.

unsure

Post by unsure » 01 Jun 2017, 16:44

Heber13 wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 06:23
I did the dating thing for a couple years after my divorce, so granted it is a little different age group I was in...late 30s to mid 40s...but I was surprised a bit with what my experience was.
Wow Heber, thanks for the essay! :D No sarcasm in that statement.

It's comforting to hear that there is a good mix of people out there and I'm not all alone. I just wish people would be a little bit more upfront about where they stand instead of appearing to be TBM's on the outside.

I'll have to think about how to convey the message to someone that I'm not orthodox yet not come across as the just looking for the hook-up type. I mean, I guess there are those types out there but trying to find hook-ups on a mormon site seems a little strange when there are plenty of other places to get those types of interactions if you so choose.

I'm definitely not the overbearing, lets hash out lds doctrine from the get go type. I just want to make sure I can find someone who accepts me for me. I'm not looking for a duplicate either. I have no problem with someone that has different views than mine and can challenge me or make me see things from a different perspective. That's something that is needed in life and I find those conversations interesting. Somebody who is open-minded and accepting is all I'm really asking. I know that can be a tall order sometimes. :)

It sounds like you have a great relationship and if I was going to try and describe what I wanted better, what you're describing is probably not much different than I would say I want.

I agree that religion is only a part of me. I just get the feeling from profiles that for a lot it completely defines them but maybe that's just the TBM vibe I'm seeing.
Last edited by unsure on 01 Jun 2017, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » 01 Jun 2017, 16:46

Heber13 wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 06:23
<a huge wisdom dump>
It's official: Heber wins the thread. :clap:
My intro

Love before dogma. Truth before loyalty. Knowledge before sanctity or certainty.