Sologamy

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SamBee

Sologamy

Post by SamBee » 22 May 2017, 06:21

http://www.wusa9.com/mb/news/features/p ... /439308288
If the secret to a happy marriage is finding the right person, we can all stop looking. At least, according to "sologamists." They're part of a growing relationship trend, in which people are tying the knot to themselves.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

dande48

Re: Sologamy

Post by dande48 » 22 May 2017, 11:46

It sounds lonely...
"Sir, it's quite possible this asteroid is not entirely stable." - C-3PO

Heber13

Post by Heber13 » 22 May 2017, 11:57

If that makes people happy, good for them. It is likely better than many other alternatives.

If I couldn't find someone else to provide a meaningful relationship to fulfill my needs and help me grow with greater synergies of a relationship, I'd probably want to just be a hermit and live my days alone rather than do some ceremony to marry myself to show others I'm ok with myself. But that is just me. People are different in what makes them happy.
Luke: "Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father."
Obi-Wan: "Your father... was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."
Luke: "A certain point of view?"
Obi-Wan: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to...depend greatly on our point of view."

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 22 May 2017, 13:02

If for some reason they find someone & decide to have a relationship & get married,
do they have to divorce themselves first? (I know it's silly.)

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner » 22 May 2017, 14:55

Does a sexual relationship with my right hand count as cheating in sologamy?

I know a few people who promise me they will never consider marriage again, loneliness be damned.

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 22 May 2017, 15:52

Minyan Man wrote:
22 May 2017, 13:02
If for some reason they find someone & decide to have a relationship & get married,
Someone asked me that on another forum. Some Utah groups may approve. Perhaps you could marry yourself multiple times.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

dande48

Post by dande48 » 22 May 2017, 19:11

SamBee wrote:
22 May 2017, 15:52
Minyan Man wrote:
22 May 2017, 13:02
Someone asked me that on another forum. Some Utah groups may approve. Perhaps you could marry yourself multiple times.
"I'm a poly-sologamist... but it's really an open marriage."
"Sir, it's quite possible this asteroid is not entirely stable." - C-3PO

SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning » 28 May 2017, 09:37

I've often thought that if I were unmarried for some reason, I'd not get married again. I'd have a lot of dates with single people for purely platonic reasons. You get the variety, the conversation, but without the expectations...
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"Stage 5 is where you no longer believe the gospel as its literally or traditionally taught. Nonetheless, you find your own way to be active and at peace within it". -- SD

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1576