Burial and Temple Clothes

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
SamBee

Re: Burial and Temple Clothes

Post by SamBee » 21 Dec 2017, 03:42

There are a few reasons I don't want to be cremated, but one of them is that I don't want to be seen as part of rhe world's climate problem.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."

LookingHard

Post by LookingHard » 21 Dec 2017, 07:16

There are "natural burials" where the body isn't pumped full of preservatives nor even put in a cascet. It is a cemetery of sorts. At least one I heard of was more of a nature preserve with a portion set aside for these "natural graves".

SamBee

Post by SamBee » 21 Dec 2017, 14:51

LookingHard wrote:
21 Dec 2017, 07:16
There are "natural burials" where the body isn't pumped full of preservatives nor even put in a cascet. It is a cemetery of sorts. At least one I heard of was more of a nature preserve with a portion set aside for these "natural graves".
I've seen them. Two friends buried this way. Well, not quite. One was in wicker work and the other in card casket. I quite like the idea of trees growing out of me.
DASH1730 "An Area Authority...[was] asked...who...would go to the Telestial kingdom. His answer: "murderers, adulterers and a lot of surprised Mormons!"'
1ST PRES 1978 "[LDS] believe...there is truth in many religions and philosophies...good and great religious leaders... have raised the spiritual, moral, and ethical awareness of their people. When we speak of The [LDS] as the only true church...it is...authorized to administer the ordinances...by Jesus Christ... we do not mean... it is the only teacher of truth."