Capri Garments?

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Holy Cow

Capri Garments?

Post by Holy Cow » 30 Nov 2015, 12:11

Hello all,
I know there are a lot of threads about garments already, so I was searching through those to see if I could find anything about my specific question and didn't see anything. My wife was telling me yesterday that she wants to buy some of the capri-style garments. My face probably looked exactly like my profile picture. :shock: They make capri-style garments? I had no idea!! My initial reaction was, garments are already the most unattractive underwear out there, so why would somebody want to wear even longer garments?! She said she's had a lot of women tell her that they wear them to avoid the visible garment line around their thigh. I'd heard of visible panty lines, but never heard of people wanting even longer garments to avoid a visible garment line.
So, my question is this: Is the capri-style garment a new thing? I've never heard of these before. It's been a few years since I've bought or worn garments, so maybe I just missed the roll-out or something.
Again, this doesn't need to get into a big discussion about all of the different views of garments. Just a random question about this capri-style thing.
Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139

Meh Mormon

Re: Capri Garments?

Post by Meh Mormon » 30 Nov 2015, 12:21

They indeed are a thing. My wife had a couple of pairs before she went inactive. She did like the comfort they gave her as there was nothing cutting into her thighs anymore. I was baffled when she bought them as well, but hey, she was happy with them.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 30 Nov 2015, 12:27

Sure enough, I just went to the online store. They have mid-calf (regular Gs but longer) and then the full length thermals. Men too!

Personally I'm waiting until they make Gs that have the footed bottoms before I restock. :angel:

Roy

Post by Roy » 30 Nov 2015, 13:28

nibbler wrote:Sure enough, I just went to the online store. They have mid-calf (regular Gs but longer) and then the full length thermals. Men too!

Personally I'm waiting until they make Gs that have the footed bottoms before I restock. :angel:
I had a good laugh imagining Nibbler in footed garments on Christmas morning opening presents. :lol:

I do have a pair of the thermal garments left over from my missionary days. Since it was sometimes very cold out and we could not put on snow pants, I would use multiple "under" layers. I sometimes had on both thermal garments and regular thermal underwear underneath my dress slacks.

I personally am hoping for a garment top to be made out of some sort of sweat control fabric ... like a garment/UnderArmour lovechild. :thumbup:
"It is not so much the pain and suffering of life which crushes the individual as it is its meaninglessness and hopelessness." C. A. Elwood

“It is not the function of religion to answer all the questions about God’s moral government of the universe, but to give one courage, through faith, to go on in the face of questions he never finds the answer to in his present status.” TPC: Harold B. Lee 223

"I struggle now with establishing my faith that God may always be there, but may not always need to intervene" Heber13

Ann

Post by Ann » 30 Nov 2015, 15:30

The impression I get is they're worn: for extra warmth in winter, to get rid of the mid-thigh line, to have something approaching normal long johns if the garment bottom is just too distressingly unattractive. And of course, there's always "just because."
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11

amateurparent

Post by amateurparent » 30 Nov 2015, 21:28

I wore mid-calf garments for years. They didn't ride up. No wedgies. No weird lines on pants. They look more like "spanx". So they looked more "normal". I only wore "regular" garment bottoms with shorts and dresses.

I cannot really think of a downside to them. The drisilque was the best fabric .. Even leggings and yoga pants were wearable.
I have no advance degrees in parenting. No national credentials. I am an amateur parent. I read, study, and learn all I can to be the best parent possible. Every time I think I have reached expert status with one child for one stage in their life, something changes and I am back to amateur status again. Now when I really mess up, I just apologize to my child, and explain that I am indeed an amateur .. I'm still learning how to do this right.

mom3

Post by mom3 » 30 Nov 2015, 21:47

No criticisms in this - but I laugh as we all dissect/discuss Mormon Women's Wear. I rarely read a thread anywhere about guys. Okay yeah maybe a fabric change, but make us female and the party really gets going. :)
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman

hawkgrrrl
Site Admin

Post by hawkgrrrl » 30 Nov 2015, 21:58

I've worn the 3/4 length ones for years, drysilque fabric. There's a comedian who says that Mormon garments are because God wants us to be comfy by wearing jammies under our clothes. That's how these feel to me. Comfy and easy. They are absolutely not sexy at all, but whatcha gonna do?

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 30 Nov 2015, 22:54

I have one pair: cotton.

I wear it on Sunday. I like them and would wear them more often if I had more. When I wear out my current ones, I might order more of them.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Holy Cow

Post by Holy Cow » 01 Dec 2015, 17:28

Wow! Very interesting. Thanks for all of your responses. And hearing that there are capri-style garments for men blew my mind all over again!! I don't know why. When I hear 'capri' I just think of women's styles, not men's. I guess I really am behind the times on this one. In my garment-wearing days, I used to wish for more style selections, but a capri-style was definitely never one that occurred to me! :smile:
My introduction: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6139