Personal News

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Personal News

Post by Curt Sunshine » 14 Oct 2015, 20:19

I have six months to get used to the idea of being married to a grandma.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

LookingHard

Re: Personal News

Post by LookingHard » 14 Oct 2015, 20:20

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentDawning

Post by SilentDawning » 14 Oct 2015, 21:15

Ha!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"It doesn't have to be about the Church (church) all the time!" -- SD

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

A man asked Jesus "do all roads lead to you?" Jesus responds,”most roads don’t lead anywhere, but I will travel any road to find you.” Adapted from The Shack, William Young

amateurparent

Post by amateurparent » 15 Oct 2015, 01:09

Congratulations Grandpa! A second "Welcome to the Club"
I have no advance degrees in parenting. No national credentials. I am an amateur parent. I read, study, and learn all I can to be the best parent possible. Every time I think I have reached expert status with one child for one stage in their life, something changes and I am back to amateur status again. Now when I really mess up, I just apologize to my child, and explain that I am indeed an amateur .. I'm still learning how to do this right.

nibbler

Post by nibbler » 15 Oct 2015, 04:37

Congrats.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
— Henry David Thoreau

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 15 Oct 2015, 07:01

Congrats. I'm sure that day is not in the far distant future for me, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. My own grandma was actually a great grandma at my age, so I can't complain.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner » 15 Oct 2015, 07:08

Congrats Ray!

Minyan Man

Post by Minyan Man » 15 Oct 2015, 07:42

Congratulations. You're going to LOVE it.
The main reason, at the end of the day, they go back to the parents.

LookingHard

Post by LookingHard » 15 Oct 2015, 09:36

I heard someone congratulating a new grandparent the other day. He said his father always said, "Grandkids are the reward you get for not killing your kids!" :-)

Ann

Post by Ann » 15 Oct 2015, 09:53

Great news! I never thought about gestation being prep time for the extended family, but it is. I bet your wife is pretty excited.
"Preachers err by trying to talk people into belief; better they reveal the radiance of their own discovery." - Joseph Campbell

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"Therefore they said unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said unto them, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes...." - John 9:10-11