Quick Drop In

Public forum for topics that don't fit into the other categories.
West

Quick Drop In

Post by West » 25 Jul 2015, 04:32

I don't know if I'll have another moment to drop in again, but I thought I'd say hi!

My mission experience has been so good. I've had so many difficult challenges already, some of the lowest I've ever had, but every time I've come out of them I've seen a lesson I needed to learn to make myself better not just here but in the years to come. I look back on just the past few months and see how far I've progressed as just a person. It's almost like living in a story how uncanny it is that the lessons and coincidences just seem to perfectly come and line up. Every day I have a moment when I just look around and think how lucky I am to be here and how much I truly love it. I can't wait to share all the stories I have when I get home and have a little more time to write and catch up on what's been going on around here. I guess I just wanted to share how my life has been filled with miracles and coincidences. I don't know what I did to deserve that, but I love every moment.

I hope you all have a wonderful next year or so in case I don't get to drop by again. A mission isn't for everyone, but for whatever reason, it was for me. I have already seen the impact of my being here at just the right time and just the right place as just the right person. I wish you all the best and love this forum so much for all of its support when I had some of the lowest moments of my life. May God be with you and sunshine follow your days, and I'll talk to you all again when I can!
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein

And God said 'Love Your Enemy,' and I obeyed him and loved myself. -Kahlil Gibran

nibbler

Re: Quick Drop In

Post by nibbler » 25 Jul 2015, 05:37

I'm glad you got the opportunity to touch base and I'm really glad you are having a wonderful experience. The lord bless you and keep you.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
— Henry David Thoreau

DarkJedi

Post by DarkJedi » 25 Jul 2015, 05:47

Thanks for stopping by and giving us the update. I look forward to hearing more when you return.
In the absence of knowledge or faith there is always hope.

Once there was a gentile...who came before Hillel. He said "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."

My Introduction

Curt Sunshine
Site Admin

Post by Curt Sunshine » 25 Jul 2015, 07:54

God continue to bless you, West.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. It is easy to get lost a bit in the difficulties and lose sight of the good we are doing for those who can't or don't write actively - anymore or ever.
I see through my glass, darkly - as I play my saxophone in harmony with the other instruments in God's orchestra. (h/t Elder Joseph Wirthlin)

Even if people view many things differently, the core Gospel principles (LOVE; belief in the unseen but hoped; self-reflective change; symbolic cleansing; striving to recognize the will of the divine; never giving up) are universal.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

mom3

Post by mom3 » 25 Jul 2015, 12:45

So good to hear you. Thanks for adding us to your busy life. Take extra care.
"I stayed because it was God and Jesus Christ that I wanted to follow and be like, not individual human beings." Chieko Okazaki Dialogue interview

"I am coming to envision a new persona for the Church as humble followers of Jesus Christ....Joseph and his early followers came forth with lots of triumphalist rhetoric, but I think we need a new voice, one of humility, friendship and service. We should teach people to believe in God because it will soften their hearts and make them more willing to serve." - Richard Bushman